The shorter and longer arms of a submetacentric chromosome are referred to as :-
(1) s-arm and l-arm respectively
(2) p-arm and q-arm respectively
(3) q-arm and p-arm respectively
(4) m-arm and n-arm respectively
2. p and q are shorter and longer arms of a sub-metacentric chromosome.
Submetacentric chromosomes have the centromere slightly offset from the center leading to a slight asymmetry in the length of the two sections. Human chromosomes 4 through 12 are submetacentric in nature.
Consider following features:
(a) Organ system level of organisation
(b) Bilateral symmetry
(c) True coelomates with segmentation of body
Select the correct option of animal groups which possess all the above characteristics.
(1) Annelida, Arthropoda and Chordata
(2) Annelida, Arthropoda and Mollusca
(3) Arthropoda , Mollusca and Chordata
(4) Annelida, Mollusca and Chordata
1. True segmentation is seen in the Phylum Annelida and Chordata. Arthropods too show segmentation restricted to upper side of their body. In chordates, segmentation is pertaining to muscular part as it shows Circular & longitudinal muscle perpetuates throughout the body.
Which of the following statements is not correct?
(1) Lysosomes have numerous hydrolytic enzymes.
(2) The hydrolytic enzymes of lysosomes are active under acidic pH.
(3) Lysosomes are membrane bound structures.
(4) Lysosomes are formed by the process of
packaging in the endoplasmic reticulum.
4. Lysosomes are formed by the process of packaging in the ER